50th Wedding Anniversary - Congratulations from President
Hi there. I would like to know this: Does the US President still send congratulation messages to 50th wedding anniversary celebrants? Thank you for your help...
As I personally am not a US citizen (I am a New Zealander) it was a little tricky for me to find out for you. But what I came up with was - yes the President still does 50th wedding anniversary congratulations (incidentally the President also offers greetings for some births, weddings and some birthdays).
This is how you go about it:
1. You need to be a US Citizen to request anniversary greetings.
2. The wedding anniversary has to be 50th or any subsequent year.
3. The request must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the wedding anniversary. As greetings are not usually sent after the event (except for births and wedding congratulations)
4. Your request must contain the following:
# name and home address of honoree(s)
# form of address (Mr., Ms., Mrs., Dr., Miss, etc.)
# exact date of wedding anniversary (month, day, year)
# number of years of marriage
# your (the requestor's) name and daytime phone number
# any specific mailing instructions if other than to honoree's address
5. Send to:
The White House Greeting Office
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
(please check this address, I do not want to be responsible on you missing out on your anniversary greetings)
6. Wait to receive your greeting - in most cases this should arrive 10 days before the event.
Thank you for your question Michael,
All the best,
MichelleGift Ideas for 50th Wedding Anniversary50th Wedding Anniversary Invitations50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas